Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Breitbart 1, Journalism 0

Dammit, Congressman, I TRUSTED YOU and you LIED TO ME.

Actually I find this kind of tame and silly as far as sex scandals go, particularly since Anthony Weiner has never run on a Family Values, My-Sexuality-Is-Better-Than-Your-Sexuality platform.  What really annoys me is the fact that everyone will spend the next week fawning over Andrew Breitbart as if all the times he's been caught lying and fabricating scandals no longer count.

Peachy. Less than a week before I start journalism school, I get a nice long look at everything that's wrong with the mainstream media.

The one bright spot throughout this incident, oddly enough, has been Gennette Cordova, the recipient of the lewd photograph. From the Washington Post:

According to Cordova, Fenton [a journalist from the New York Post] posed as a photographer’s assistant during the photo session in Bellingham, Wash., where Cordova attends community college. He then “interviewed” her by casually asking a few questions, she said, but without identifying himself as a reporter or saying he was writing a story. Both are generally considered ethical breaches — as Cordova, a journalism student, pointed out by posting a link to the Society of Professional Journalists’ Code of Ethics.

[...]

“If I’ve refused to do interviews with credible shows like Good Morning America, why would I give an interview to @NewYorkPost?” she tweeted. Again, rhetorically addressing Fenton, she tweeted: “Why would I do an interview with a tabloid about how I don’t want media attention? Trash.”
Someone hire this woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment